Friday, March 28, 2008

Writing for Multiple Audiences: Topic Ideas that Appeal to Cross-Interests

Writing for Associated Content gives you freedom to write on a variety of topics from news, politics, arts, sports, dating, parenting, or technology. Although I've only written 18 articles so far, I'm *starting* to get an idea of the types of topics that appeal not only to larger audiences but also *multiple* audiences.

Appealing to Cross-Interests: I've started experimenting with topics that appeal to cross interests. For example, last week I wrote a two-part series on tennis and dating.

Seven Things that Tennis has Taught Me About Dating: Part I

Seven Things that Tennis has Taught Me About Dating: Part II

By tying in two seemingly unrelated topics, I was able to target *two* audiences instead of one: lifestyle article readers as well as tennis fans. Besides, I had a lot of fun writing these articles! I was also careful to use both tennis and dating as key words.

Other topic ideas to appeal to cross interests:

Christian Allegorical Undertones in Lindsay Lohan Movies

How Barack Obama can Learn from Roger Federer

Interfaith Marriages between Jews and Hindus: Can it Work?

A Football Player's Guide to Ballroom Dancing

Why Every Violinist Should Learn to Play Golf

Happy Writing!!

Tina :)

No comments: